Registering and applying for Jobbsprånget

What is Jobbsprånget?
Jobbsprånget is a four-month internship (in Swedish “praktik”) programme run by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA). The purpose of the internship is to speed up the introduction to the Swedish labour market and to give candidates a chance to show their potential by actively matching employers with newcomer academics. 150 employers participate in 50 different locations all over Sweden.

Who can apply to Jobbsprånget?
Jobbsprånget is intended for newcomers and foreign academics with an academic degree in engineering, architecture, science, pharmacy or business/finance (bachelor, master or higher degree), born outside of the EU and outside of other European countries. You need to have proficient English language skills, both spoken and written. In order to participate you must be registered at Arbetsförmedlingen (the Swedish Public Employment Service).
Priority groups:
• Unemployed persons born outside of EU or other European countries (but not on student visa)
• Unemployed persons with disabilities
• All persons in the Establishment programme
• Newcomer academics in the Job and development programme

When is the application period?
Jobbsprånget has two application periods: 16 July – 16 August and 16 December – 16 January. Please click here to watch video tutorials on the registration and application process of Jobbsprånget.

Why is Jobbsprånget only targeted to persons born outside of Europe and EU?
This is Arbetsförmedlingens regulations for approving “arbetspraktik” = internship. We follow their rules as it is a cooperation with them. If you have queries about your eligibility to participate in Jobbsprånget please get in touch with Arbetsförmedlingen!

I don’t know who my case officer is at Arbetsförmedlingen. How can I complete the application form?
You can submit the contact details to your nearest local Arbetsförmedlingen office. You can go to their website to see which office is closest to you, as well as what the contact details are.

I do not have a BankID, can I still create an account?
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to register without BankID.

Can I apply to Jobbsprånget if I am not in Sweden?
If you do not have a residence permit in Sweden you cannot apply. If you are on vacation currently, but live in Sweden you are welcome to apply! Please note that you must be in Sweden to complete an internship. Arbetsförmedlingen cannot accept an internship for you if you are outside of Sweden.

Is Jobbsprånget internship appliable for International students studying master’s degree in Sweden?
It depends on two parts: 1. If you are in Sweden with a Student Visa you cannot participate in Jobbsprånget. This according to Arbetsförmedlingens criteria for internship “Arbetspraktik”. 2. In addition to not having a Student Visa your case officer at Arbetsförmedlingen also has to approve that you are eligible for internship.

I have been living in Sweden for 8 months and would like to apply to Jobbsprånget. However, Arbetsförmedlingen said that I must have stayed here for at least 12 months to be eligible. Please advise!
Jobbsprånget is a cooperation with Arbetsförmedlingen. This means that it is always your case officer who makes the decision wheter or not you are eligible. This is explained by program you take part in, e.g “Etableringsprogram” or “JOBEN”. In some cases you might have to wait 12 months before you become eligible for the Jobbsprånget

What is the exact meaning of newcomer in Sweden?
According to Arbetsförmedlingen, newcomers are applicants who have been living in Sweden for max 36 months. It can also be candidates from non-european countries according to Arbetsförmedlingens regulations for approving “arbetspraktik” = internship. We from Jobbsprånget say that we welcome applicants from all countries. It might not be that everyone is eligible for internship but it can be a window to the portal and employers in Sweden who are looking for your exact profile. Then we are happy that you still could meet in the system, even though it didn’t lead to an internship

Do I need to be able to speak Swedish to apply?
The programme language is English and the internship is supervised and carried out in English. “Internship time in English, break time in Swedish,” is how we like to put it.

I don’t know my Visa class, what should I do?
Your visa class=Beslutsklass can be found on the decision document you get from Migrationsverket when they approve your residence permit (please note that the visa class in NOT listed on your residence card). If you no longer have this document please reach out to Migrationsverket=Migration agency.

I am currently waiting for my visa extension to be approved, can I apply to Jobbsprånget?
You are welcome to apply to Jobbsprånget while you wait for a decision. Arbetsförmedlingen will decide whether you are eligible or not base on your last visa class. In some cases Arbetsförmedlingen will not be able to determine your eligibility and you status will remain orange in the portal.

How many years do I need to have studied at university?
To apply for Jobbsprånget you need to have a university degree (at least three years) in engineering, architecture, science or economics.
Do my qualifications/grades/certificates need to be validated?

Which employers are participating?
Here is a selection of participating employers. In the portal there is a presentation of all employers seeking interns in the ongoing recruitment period.

Can I get help with my CV?
Check out our online sessions for tips on how to write a CV.

How do I attach a CV to my application?
You can watch a tutorial on this here.

Should my CV be in Swedish or English?
Your CV and cover letter must be in English.

Can I change or upload a new CV once the portal is closed?
No, you cannot change anything in your application(s) when the portal is closed. You can however upload additional files to you application(s) at anytime. Changes to your profile can also be done when the portal is closed.

Is it possible to register outside the internship period?
You can register an account at any time at www.jobbsprå You can apply for an internship from 16 July to 16 August and from 16 December to 16 January.

Can I apply to multiple employers? Is there a maximum?
You are welcome to apply to any employers seeking your skills or expertise. There is no limit to the number of applications you may make, but we recommend you to only apply to the internship position that suits your background.

Will the employer see that I have applied to several different internships?

What does the different eligibility statuses/color codes mean?
The color codes indicates your eligibility status to participate in Jobbsprånget. This is determined by Arbetsförmedlingen throughout the applications periods and a few weeks after that. Arbetsförmedlingens goal is to evaluate the status of all candidates that has applied by September 1st for fall term ad February 1st for spring term. They inform us directly about you eligibility status. Here is what the different color codes stands for:
Blue: Arbetsförmedlingen has not yet evaluated your status.
Green: you are deemed eligible for internship.
Red: you are not eligible for internship.
Orange: Arbetsförmedlingen does not have enough information to determine your eligibility.

I was eligible for Jobbsprånget last term, does my eligibility need to be confirmed again?
Yes, your eligibility needs to be determined again for each time you apply to Jobbsprånget